Palestinians say five dead in new airstrikes Updated: Saturday, August 9, 2014 GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) - A three-day truce in Gaza has come to an end, with the resumption of rocket attacks against Israel and Israeli airstrikes that Palestinian officials say killed at least five Palestinians, including three children.Gaza militants refused to extend the truce after talks between Israel and Hamas, brokered by Egypt, hit a deadlock.Hamas officials say they're ready to continue the talks, but Israel says it won't negotiate under fire.Egypt's Foreign Ministry is expressing "extreme regret" over the failure to extend the truce. It's urging restraint by both sides, and calling for a new cease-fire in order to resume negotiations.The ministry says progress has been made in the talks, but it didn't elaborate.Hamas wants Israel to open Gaza's borders, after a seven-year closure that is also enforced by Egypt. Israel says it will only do so if the Islamic militants disarm, or if they're prevented from re-arming. Hamas has said it will never give up its weapons.Gaza militants began firing rockets at Israel even before the temporary truce expired this morning. By late today, more than 50 rockets had been fired. Two Israelis were hurt.