Man burned in Wichita, KS explosion

Updated: Tuesday, February 19 2013, 11:49 PM EST
Man burned in Wichita, KS explosion story image
WICHITA, Kan. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - There is, apparently, such a thing as too much celebration.

Police say two brothers in Wichita, Kansas accidentally blew up their house after they hit a $75,000 jackpot on a lottery scratch off ticket.

The men told police they bought pot and meth to celebrate, but the lighter they planned to use to smoke the stuff was leaking.

It triggered a massive explosion, which resulted in one of the men sustaining second degree burns as a result.
Man burned in Wichita, KS explosion
comments powered by Disqus

U.S. | World News

advertisement
Washington Times
advertisement