Woman's run-in with snake leads to house fire
Updated: Friday, March 22 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
TEXAS (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A Texas woman lost her home in a fire after a bizarre run-in with a snake.
Investigators say the woman found the snake in her yard and made a poor decision on how to try to kill it.
"While cleaning up, she saw snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire, the snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire," said Deputy Randall Baggett of the Bowie County Sheriff's Office.
The fire destroyed the home, but fortunately no one was injured.