Utility halts some projects statewide after blast

Updated: Friday, March 8 2013, 10:53 AM EST
Utility halts some projects statewide after blast story image
ROYAL OAK, Mich. (AP) - A utility says it has halted projects throughout Michigan that involve the same drilling method used before a suburban Detroit house explosion that killed a 58-year-old man.
   
Consumers Energy said in a statement Thursday that employees and contractors are conducting a detailed review of procedures on projects involving boring. Upon completion of the review, the utility says it will resume those drilling operations.
   
The subsidiary of Jackson-based CMS Energy Corp. has said that natural gas leaking from a line serving the home in Royal Oak may have caused the Feb. 27 blast. Consumers Energy crews had been working for several days to replace a gas main on the street and may have damaged the line.
   
Daniel Malczynski died in the blast, which leveled his house and damaged several others.
Utility halts some projects statewide after blast
comments powered by Disqus
advertisement
Washington Times
advertisement