Dozens hospitalized following chlorine exposure at Michigan's Adventure Updated: Saturday, July 12, 2014 MUSKEGON, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Chlorine exposure in the wave pool of a West Michigan water park has sent dozens to the hospital.It happened at Michigan's Adventure park in Muskegon.The latest numbers from the hospital were that there were 16 people being treated, while 12 are being treated at another hospital in Muskegon.They are in fair condition, and mostly being observed.No one was expected to have to stay the night.Around 4:00 p.m. Friday, swimmers in the wave pool started to notice something was wrong. Some started coughing and found it hard to breathe.That was when the park closed the pool and emergency crews were called in.In all, nearly 30 people went to the hospital, and around 60 were hosed off and evaluated at the park."My daughter-in-law called me and her daughter and husband and their children were here today," said Anita Norbert. "And she was worried about them, naturally, so I told her I'd run down and see if I could find out anything."People like Norbert showed up at the park, anxiously trying to track down family members who had been inside.The victims that were hospitalized were only observed by doctors.First responders say it was just a strange accident where two common chemicals combined at the pool and formed a chlorine cloud.The rest of the park stayed open after the scare, and many of the other visitors remained oblivious to the close call in the wave pool.Officials with Michigan's Adventure did not want to be interviewed about what happened.As of 9:30 p.m., all 28 victims were out of the hospital.