Timeline of events in Boston suspect manhunt
Updated: Friday, April 19 2013, 08:20 PM EDT
BOSTON (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Less than 24 hours after the FBI released photos of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, one of them is dead, and a massive manhunt is underway for the other.
The search is on for 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed in a violent shoot-out.
Newschannel 3 has put together a timeline of events over the last 24 hours in this case.
- At 10:20 p.m. Thursday, shots were fired on the MIT campus in Cambridge. Police found a campus police officer shot to death about 10 minutes later.
- Shortly after, 2 armed men carjacked an SUV, holding the driver hostage for a half hour before letting him go at a Cambridge gas station.
- Police pursued the carjackers and a shootout followed, during which one of the carjackers was fatally wounded.
- At 4:30 a.m., police identified the carjackers as the Boston bombing suspects.
- At 5:50 a.m., police told people in several suburban Boston neighborhoods to stay inside, and they shut down mass transit.
- At 10:20 a.m., State Police recovered a grey Honda CRV, believed to be linked to the surviving bombing suspect.
That brings us to where we stand Friday evening.