WWMT Newschannel 3 - Search Results
Fire that destroyed Colon buildings ruled accidental
COLON, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – A fire that destroyed two buildings in downtown Colon has been ruled accidental.
The fire marshal says that faulty cooking appliances started the fire in the kitchen of Curly’s Bar and Papa Mancinos Restaurant a week earlier.
The flames spread to neighboring buildings, including Prudential Realty and Five Star Pizza.
Now it’s up to the owners of each building to decide how to move forward.
The investigation is now being handled over to an insurance company.