Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed in US  DALLAS (AP) - Federal health officials have confirmed that a patient being treated at a Dallas hospital has tested positive for Ebola.

BREAKING NEWS

WWMT - wwmt.com - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Looking at danger of space heaters

(NEWSCHANNEL 3) - New information on a deadly house fire in Barry County points the blame in the direction of a space heater placed too near combustible chemicals.

This comes just days after two brothers were killed in an Ionia County mobile home fire.

Investigators think space heaters could have played a part in that fire as well.

Firefighters tell Newschannel 3 that one third of house fires in the wintertime are caused by space heaters.

"Space heaters should only be used for comfort when they can be attended to. They should never be left running by themselves. They should be unplugged when they're not being used," said Captain Chip Everett, with the Oshtemo Township Fire Department. "The big thing is to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the particular heater you have."

Firefighters also stress that you should make sure you have working smoke alarms.