Students evacuated after bomb threat at South Haven High School  SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Police are on the scene of a bomb threat at the South Haven High School.


WWMT - - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Kalamazoo woman relates harrowing story of 28 hours of torture

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - In a Newschannel 3 exclusive, an alleged torture victim talks to us about staying alive during 28 hours of abuse.

30-year-old Frankie Haywood is facing five felony counts, including unlawful imprisonment and assault by strangulation with a deadly weapon.

Police say he held his girlfriend captive with three young kids inside their Kalamazoo Township apartment nearly two weeks ago.

Wednesday, Haywood's girlfriend Danielle Holbrook told Newschannel 3 her story of survival.

She says it all started when he accused her of cheating at a doctor's office, and blew up from there.

She says he told her that night he "was going to make (her) famous."

Holbrook went into great detail about the hours she spent inside her Kalamazoo Township apartment 12 days ago.

She says her live-in boyfriend, 30-year-old Frankie Haywood tortured her for 28 hours, starting on the morning of February 13.

"He was laughing about it," she said. "Every time he hit me he would just laugh about it."

Haywood is in jail now, accused of assault and trying to strangle her; he also reportedly used a gun to scare Holbrook.

"Just looking into his eyes, I was terrified. I honestly, really felt that he was going to kill me. I didn't know if the safety was on; I knew it was loaded," she said. "He held it to my head, he held it to my throat, and one point, he held it to himself."

Photos show the inside of their apartment, where she claims she was dragged from room to room, with three kids inside--his 5-year-old and 11-year-old, and their 4-month-old daughter.

"I was crying, but if I got too loud, he would tell me to be quiet and not to wake up his kids," Holbrook said.

Just grateful to be alive, she now hopes others are listening to her tale.

"Just get out; don't say nothing, just pack your stuff and get out," Holbrook says. "I saw the warning signs, I knew I should leave, I just didn't leave when I should have."

She was eventually able to escape and go outside to call for help when he went to the bathroom.

Haywood is due back in court again on March 4.